Institute for Diversity and Gender Studies
The tasks of the institute are:
- The coordination of matters concerning gender research. Support for the working group on issues of equality, and also for the artistic and scientific advisory board on gender research.
- Networking with institutions at other universities which are concerned with issues of equality and the advancement of women, with the relevant offices in the federal ministries concerning issues of equality, as well as with other institutions active at home and abroad in the sphere of equality.
- Devising, organizing and administrative work in implementing specific measures as regards personnel development (cf. plan for the advancement of women at the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg: IV advancement measures when returning to a profession after an interruption; V training and further education courses for the advancement of women; VI promotion of services of employees; VII promotion of younger generation female students in the arts and sciences).
- Supportive measures in designing the working environment (cf. plan for the advancement of women at the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg II § 3) for all those active at the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg.
- Setting up an advisory centre for issues concerning sexual and gender-related harassment as well as mobbing (cf. plan for the advancement of women at the Universität Mozarteum Salzburg III § 6, §7).
- Organization of further training events or references to such possibilities at other institutions.
- Devising and organizing artistic and academic events with relevance for the general public, for instance, continuing the existing series of gallery concerts in the Salzburg Residenzgalerie, symposia focusing on gender studies and so on.